items in this museum are primarily technical products designed for military
purposes. Furthermore, related laboratory equipment is shown as well as
other objects of historical interest. These items originate from the Physics
Laboratory TNO and the Laboratory for Electronic Development for the Armed
Forces LEOK, both of which are predecessors of the present day TNO
location The Hague Waalsdorp, until 1 January 2005 the TNO Physics and
Electronics Laboratory (TNO-FEL).
As to be expected, most exhibits have an experimental character. The oldest objects are from the collection of professor van Soest, who started the research for defence purposes at Waalsdorp in 1927. His collection covers the period from 1927 to 1940.
Much of the material of that era was deliberately destroyed following
the invasion of the Netherlands by the Nazis in May 1940. Methodical collecting
has ceased since that time. Moreover, the move of the Physics Laboratory
TNO to the present TNO-FEL building in 1967 was accompanied by the disappearance
of old material.
The museum WAALSDORP has a Public Relations function of the present day TNO location Waalsdorp and is open on request, but not publicly accessible.